There’s something so comforting about autumn. Breathing in the cool, crisp air, coming in from the cold to a glowing fire, enjoying a mug of hot chocolate, and kicking off the holiday season with family and friends.
But that nip in the air and all the extra time spent indoors can make your skin feel anything but comfortable. What’s more, dry indoor air can leave hair looking dull and turn your nails dry and brittle. But all that can be remedied by following these self-moisturizing tips:
- Long, steamy baths and showers strip away our natural oils, so keep them short and sweet, and not too hot.
- Choose moisturizing skin and hair care products that don’t contain alcohol, fragrances, or other ingredients that can dry you out.
- Lotion up right after bathing while your skin is still damp.
- Avoid washing your hair every day. But if you must, use a hydrating shampoo and conditioning treatment.
- Give your nails a break from nail polish and keep cuticles healthy with a cuticle cream.
- Give cracked heels the boot by applying a generous amount of moisturizer before bed. Seal the moisture in with a pair of cozy cotton socks.
- Apply sunscreen, even in the dead of winter. And don’t forget a moisturizing lip balm to keep chapped lips at bay.
At LBA, we can help add much-needed moisture to your home all heating season long with a whole-house humidity control system. It allows you to set the exact level of relative humidity you desire, all winter long. And you can change the setting any time you like. In addition to preventing dry skin and hair problems, a whole-house humidity control system also can help prevent static electrical shock and your wood furniture, doors, and floors from shrinking and cracking.
Contact LBA today for more information and a free new system quote.